February 10, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

Jillian after 12 hours in the air.

U.S. Citizen!
Landing in Chicago

We were welcomed home with banners, bows, food, friends & family.


Big Sister

Baby Sister

"There's no place like home".
I've had a difficult time honoring my blog commitments since our return home (and while in China). Blame it on jet lag or exhaustion or the fact that I have a nineteen pound baby stuck to my hip the majority of the day. Sarah Martin loves her momma and doesn't like to be separated from me. She will play with Jason and Nana in a pinch, but she gets fussy after only a couple of minutes. We are very pleased with her attachment to us and couldn't ask for a happier baby. The first three days with her were brutal. Our sweet baby missed her loved ones desperately in those first days. We were prepared for these emotions and somewhat relieved that she grieved for her nannies. It indicated that she had formed a strong attachment early in her life, so we knew she shouldn't have difficulty attaching to us...with time. I assumed the role of Momma Bear and Jason was my wingman, and I really think that helped her realize that we were her mom & dad and we were there to love and protect her. She is such a delight and our experience has been every bit as magical as our time with Jillian. I'll post more about her personality when I can sneak some more time away. Thank you all for the sweet emails and comments! I haven't had the opportunity to respond, but I've read most of them. We still have our days and nights mixed up and I've been taking a short nap with Sarah Martin during the day instead of emailing or blogging. She is a good napper, but wakes up each night after sleeping for a couple of hours. I haven't gotten up to turn on the lights, so I've listened to her babble and laugh from 10:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. for the last three nights. She slept all night while in China, so wish me luck as I try to get her acclimated to Alabama time.
****************************************
BTW~It has taken me over two hours to upload this blog post. We seriously need to get back on some sort of routine.



4 comments:

  1. Bless your tired, tired heart! Know that I am thinking of you and hoping you're able to get back on track very soon. Love the photo of Jillian and Sarah Martin playing together. Looking at it made my heart swell up with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for attachement, being home and new pictures of the girls!!! I'm so excited to follow your new adventures at home. Maybe Sarah Martin will learn to love blogging with Mommy! ;>
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love jilli's hair reminds of my own.... and that sweet "baby gurl" too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you made it safe and hugs to all of you!!! We so enjoyed getting to know your family while we were in China!! What an amazing experiance it all was! Your family is just delightful and I look forward to watching our babies grow! blessings, Fonnetta

    ReplyDelete