February 3, 2010

Shopping & The Red Couch







We've been busy buying twenty homeland gifts to give to Sarah Martin each year on her Gotcha Day. My favorite gifts are the handmade embroidery from Changsha and the jewelry. I found the prettiest jade earrings to give to Sarah Martin when she is sixteen and Jason selected a beautiful strand of pearls for her wedding day. All I need now is a few more mandarin dresses and another suitcase to hide the twenty pairs of shoes I bought for the girls.

Our travel group got together yesterday to pose for photos on the famous red couch at our hotel. Sarah Martin was sleepy, but she tolerated the photo session with minimal tears. The oath-taking ceremony at the American Consulate is this afternoon. Our guide will pick up Sarah Martin's passport & visa tomorrow afternoon and we'll be on our way home on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. That first photo of Sarah Martin asleep is cracking me up! I love how you used diapers to improvise a pillow. Quick thinking, momma! They look adorable in their Mandarin dresses. Amelia has already placed an order for "a red one just like Jillian and her baby are wearing." Sweet. I guess I'll be checking out the selection on China Sprout later today. Enjoy your last days there and have a safe trip home. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are precious. I am so happy that you are almost home ~ I am ready to see your sweet girls! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete